Monday, 2 February 2009

List for Feb

I'm going to follow suit with JaneB and make a list for the coming month:

  • Survive the travelling without going crazy over food - try to stick with the ww thing but not end up sitting in a hotel room stressing cos the only food I could get was 0.5 points over what I wanted.
  • Do Pilates at least 75% of my nights in hotels.
  • Cross train when I'm home.
  • Continue to do my job in a kickass fashion then my boss can't have any valid reason to be pissy with me. I smashed all his targets (based on the results of the previous 2 people doing my job) so he hasn't got anything on me - yet. He's the kind of man who: doesn't deal well with women, doesn't deal well with people who're good at their job, doesn't like it when other people praise his team and not him and really doesn't like people who know more than him about anything. He's not a chemist or a scientist and he just gets it sooooooooo wrong so much of the time.
  • Don't be scared of my boss - he's quite intimidating and seeing him this morning at work is going to be bad. There was a big important meeting last week where apparently (another manager told me) he go slammed over budgets and other staff and a member were crazy pleased with mine and my other (female) colleague's work. Then he was really shitty with me by email on Friday (is it ok for a boss to email his employee with ...and what side of the bed did you get out of this morning? - not exactly bad but the follow up phone call was).
  • Make time for MrT - think he felt quite neglected when I was travelling loads last year.
  • Attack the garden - we bought loads of seeds that need planting in trays but I think the potatoes need to go in the ground soon - thick covering of snow is currently preventing this.
  • Build greenhouse.
  • Build shed - ok MrT and BrainyBloke will probably do that.
  • Plan a couple of holidays - probably walking (one North Wales, one Scotland).
  • Be nice to the students - it's not their fault that I want another job.
  • Catch up with emails to friends.
  • Visit friends when back in Beautiful City.
  • Visit Grannie when visiting uni in Grim City.
That's about it me thinks - not a tall order at all.

Time to play in the snow - and face my boss.

No comments: