Made a veeeeeeeeery big mistake yesterday - sent jokey email to friends at work actually asking for their ideas for one of my projects and accidentally (damned work email does autocomplete on email addresses) sent it to snotty woman in another dept. Got email from my boss today saying he'd been sent it by 2 people complaining about my wording (I made a joke about procrastinating) and asking why I was bored (again joke - ok not really) and why he hadn't given me enough to do. He felt this reflected badly on me and on him as a manager.
- I am bored as I've gone from warp speed work (Sept - April) to sitting in office finding my own projects to invent as he has very little that he wants me to do.
- He's a crap manager - I have worked for him for 18months and I've yet to have any training. He just tells me to do what I want and he takes credit for any ideas I do implement.
- Snotty woman is a heinous bitch and saw me this morning and didn't say a word.
- Ex-trainee (alleged friend) who was one of the people I meant to send the email to (and was in the same room when I sent it) said "I didn't think she'd like it" about Snotty Woman today but didn't think to mention that I'd sent it to her instead of friend with similar name in time for me to recall the message!
Anyway MrT is away for the weekend and as I now trust nobody in the vicinity I did what I always do and went back to my old ways. That's what's really pissed me off is that they got to me enough to do that. Maybe it's out of my system now and I can worry about it again on Monday or perhaps I'll just stress about it all weekend?
3 comments:
Play now, worry later ;-) Enjoy the weekend!
Seriously? People complained to your boss about an email? I can't stand when people shoot straight to the boss when a quick conversation with you could have cleared it all up.
Like DrL said, it probably isn't worth the stress...but its not easy to ignore it.
Hugs.
Put it behind you and try to have a no work weekend - they are very sad people (or as bored as you are, to be having the time to get offended at an innocent typo!)
Post a Comment