Monday, 22 June 2009

Wallpaper, applications, jam and bbq

Not in that order.

Friday we opened up our garden and house for a friend from church to have a bbq for her husband's birthday as they live in a flat and are a bit skint. Although I had to pop off to a Guide thingy for a couple of hours and returned to a garden full of people it was a good night. MrT even decided to stay rather than heading off to his mother county for the weekend which was cool as he decided that as our life is here now he should start meeting new people. This makes me happy.

Saturday we made jam lot and lots of jam. We bought a load of fruit from a local farmer that we know and followed MrT's dream of making jam. 6 jars of raspberry jam, some redcurrant jelly and 3 huge jars of mango chutney we've decided that we're going to make hampers for Christmas presents this year. I know it's a bit early but if we want to get the fruit we have to start now. Also the jam rocked and that made me very happy.

Today I submitted my cv and application letter for the awesome job which may save my sanity and career prospects. This made me very very happy.

This evening Guides was cancelled since a couple of kids at the local school have piggy flu so I went round to help a couple of friends who've just bought a house. They were demolishing a wall which I wasn't going to be able to help with much (only 2 sledge hammers and 2 men trying to be macho) so I got hold of the steamer and stripped a tonne of wallpaper from their hallway. The house was owned by an old couple and the walls and ceiling were covered in nicotine. Since I was steaming the walls and getting all up close and personal with the walls and ceiling I really needed a shower when I got home. It was great to be able to help someone else and to spend the evening doing somthing other than watching tv and that made me very very very happy.

Overall - things are looking up!

1 comment:

DrL said...

Good weekend! I keep fingers crossed for your application!