Some craziness from this week:
- There was an event on Monday which involved a colleague shouting at me and storming out over a conference which I'm pretty darned sure I never agreed to go to. She did apologise straight after lunch and she realised that I'd sorted it all out anyway.
- I've arranged 22 visits to universities for the new academic session so far (that only takes me to mid sept so should get tonnes done before Christmas).
- MrT did his first 10km this week and has been going on and on and on and on about it and how he did it in less than an hour etc. I don't think he actually likes running cos he won't run on his own. It means that he won't run when I'm not here and even though I really like running on my own he gets all "evil marmoset kicked a puppy" look if I won't let him come with me.
- Last night RP (running partner - now stolen by MrT {running in a 3 doesn't really work}) and I made a cake shaped like a foot - it wasn't really very good in fact it was quite crap but the idea of the shape was there and the cake inside was pink sponge. The story behind the cake is that a good friend of ours in the village ended up in hospital this week with septicemia (sp?) from a blister in her foot. She had a big red line that ran all the way up her leg (drawn on cake with edible icing). Anyway lots of antiobiotics and other drugs later she's home and doped up to the eyeballs so RP and I went round with cake.
The PINK sheet of paper which means that a job has been agreed on by all the important people can be advertised has been signed off. This means that the role of "person to be trained by me and eventually take over from me" has been ok'd as has the job I want. Things are looking up folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment