I'm in Wales and it's raining. The hotel's ok - general independent hotel, crappy breakfast (no branflakes boo), weird staff. The food in the bar last night was fresh, real (you could tell what it was) and pretty healthy. I'm back to the weight loss thingy since I've gone up a couple of pounds (nothing to do with the tonnes of crisps, cheese and sweets we ate last week). It's also a good way of keeping track of comfort eating while I'm travelling and my main travel period starts in 2 weeks. I'm home all next week then the madness begins.
MrT's Grandad died last Friday night so we'll be down to the Mother County for the funeral either at the end of this week or sometime next week. Boss man has said that I can take special leave. I never had a proper Grandad and MrT's was cool. He'd had a couple of strokes by the time I met him so his speech was never great but he did maintain that I was a good driver. Although he was very old, had several strokes and had his leg amputated last year he really seemed to be on the up when we went to see them about 6 weeks ago. At least he wasn't ill or in pain. Really it's hardest for his Grandma. She's now lost her husband and 2 of her 4 children. I'm not sure how she's going to cope but I guess you just do.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment