- The NICE people with whom I work. Many of the people I work with drive me nuts and they're the ones I tend to focus on here but there are a number of really nice people in my organisation who let me whinge, give me advice and are generally lovely. Our admin manager, careers advisor, membership admin team as a whole and a few others are very kind and lovely people. I'm blessed to know them and to have them laugh at my awful and cynical version of humour every day.
- Children - today I spent 5 hours solid in a room with 10 very angry people who aimed all their venom at me. Although the did all keep saying it was nothing personal and aimed at the organisation and not me it's still tough to sit through. I think I won a few points but it was still an exhausting and very long (over 12h) day. But on the second train home there were a couple with a wee boy and girl. The wee boy wanted to make his wee sister happy (she was crying cos she was tired) so he held his hands up like a book and said he'd read them all a book. He recited about 75% of the Gruffalo book word perfect. He was in a pram and I'd say about 3.5-4 and totally adorable. It cheered his wee sister up and made me smile. There are some very good people in the world and some of them start really young.
- Today I am thankful for the pharmaceutical industry. I have a migraine - magic pink migraine pills are the best thing today. I am also thankful for MrT who is making me endless toast now that the magic pills have kicked in.
- Today I am thankful for the community in which I live. There was a womens' breakfast at church - sounds silly and old fashioned I guess but it was fun. I got there early to help cook bacon, sort out muffins and lots of other yummy treats. There were women of all ages and they all mixed and chatted. As usual at church events I ended up talking to random but right people. I got chatting to someone who's going to get me to talk to her teenage daughter about universities and careers in science for women. After clearing up I went round to someone's house for coffee and to meet her rabbit (Huge and fluffy and didn't make me sneeze).
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment