Wednesday, 11 August 2010

WooHoo!

We're going to start a new (and actually good) Guide Unit in our village. OK it will piss off the crazy lady who runs the other one (where they do naff all) but I'm getting used to being the bad guy (work is a bit tough at the mo- hence can't blog about it).

Me and my Ally had a meeting with the district commissioner tonight and she's happy to back us. Now just to get past the 2 potential grumblers and we could have an active and exciting Guide Unit by the end of half term.

I can't believe how excited I am about this but I've been out of Guiding proper for a few years now and I miss it loads. I also had a letter from my friend Sally's mum today telling me all about her Centenary adventures and how local Guiding is commemorating Sally. It will sound daft to many people but today I was doubting if we should go ahead with the new unit but as soon as I read the letter I knew it was the right thing. Sally would definitely throw something at me (probably wet) if she were here for doubting myself. The letter also said that the inquest determined accidental death as no witnesses had come forward and there is no other evidence for how or why the car left the road. Her parents are keen to keep in touch with us which is nice and I will have to write back once this new unit's confirmed to let her know how we're doing.

No comments: