Today we met a friend and his wee boy for a drink (woo hoo I'm still on lime and soda!) in the sunny beer garden of our local. It was lovely and ERM slept pretty much the whole time. We then arranged for his wife to meet us along with another friend (ERM's Fairy Godmother). Unfortunately another couple we know also had to be invited. They're desperate to meet ERM as they are due to have a baby in November. MrT really gets on with the guy but the woman drives me nuts. She's super posh (not a crime I know) but is very loud and bullshitty (think posh students we all avoided at uni!). They're both very clever but she is very very patronising. So today she stated that she was "very proud of me" for having ERM, asked if I had tried breastfeeding at all and stated that only mothers who breastfeed bond properly with their babies. So it seems that I'm an idiot who couldn't possibly understand that breastmilk is best for my child and obviously I won't bond with her at all. If I'm honest I pretty much just ignored her after that but I was stuck sitting next to her for the duration of dinner before we could scoot off home. Funnily enough I did not offer to let her hold ERM.
I don't think she meant any of it to be hurtful she just doesn't think - no diplomacy at all.
In happy news yesterday ERM went in her Mai Tai sling for the first time, lay on the mat of her play gym for the first time, had "tummy time" for the first time and went to Guides for the first time. It was a rather tiring day but she managed amazingly - must be something to do with her being perfect :)
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment