Sunday, 14 August 2011

ooops

I just finally caved and ordered a 3g refurbed kindle from amazon. My justification is that I can focus on the free books for now (ALL of the Sherlock Holmes!) and I can ask folk to buy me books for birthday etc. It turns out babies take up tonnes of space and I can see my book space decreasing not increasing in the coming years and the shelves are already stacked 2 deep. Also I'm just feeling shit right now and I can afford it and I guess in the long run it'll save money. Also I can't read a normal book with ERM asleep on me so one-handed is the way to go!

Now how to explain to my books that I still love them?

1 comment:

Cath said...

I've just found out that my local library has an online catalogue of e-books - worth a look at your district's library service. Of course, using it is probably contributing to the erosion of the traditional library service, but I think no matter how much we all love going to a proper library, modern lifestyle and technological advances are going to change the reading experience and libraries are going to have to adapt along with the rest of us!