Friday, 2 September 2011

Meh

I actually can't be bothered about ranting about my mother in law's visit.

In short:
  • ERM doesn't sleep well in her cot during the day we should put her to sleep somewhere else (WHERE? Actually she sleeps fine during the day but she's a baby and sometimes crys)
  • We shouldn't go to ERM in her cot if she screams - not grumbles or chats herself to sleep but screams frantically (Why the hell would I leave my 4 month old baby to shriek when all she needs is a 2min cuddle then she'll happily sleep?)
  • She got grumpy when I put ERM on the floor - she gets grizzly when she's fiddled with a lot and likes her own space - apparently she's incapable of playing with her other than holding her and waving a toy and inch from her face.
  • Don't get me started on the ridiculous attempt to excuse her brother in law's horrendous racism and bigotry - apparently it's just words he doesn't really mean it (Seriously he is the most racist man I've ever met!)
  • Oh and I had ordered a pair of jeans the same size as my pre-pregnancy ones that I'm currently wearing but a different style so they didn't fit. Apparently it's because I stretched my old ones not that they're actually a different cut. (Yeah I put on weight when I was pregnant thanks for making me feel even more shit)
  • She interfered when our friend we were out with was trying to get her grumpy toddler into his buggy. (I thought it was bad enough when she starts getting in the way and interfering with her own grandchildren but it's just embarrassing when it's essentially a stranger and a good friend of ours)
Yes that's the short version!

Anyway ERM has started picking stuff up and trying to chew it which is very cute and funny (except when it's my finger which is her favourite thing to eat!).

No comments: