Monday, 24 October 2011

Help - advice anyone?

I'm going back to work next week and MrT is taking 3 months additional paternity leave. The legislation changed this year so now the father of any baby born after 3rd April 2011 (ERM born in May) can share the leave entitlement from 6-12 months with the mother. Stat pay is paid for first 9 months after birth regardless of which partner is on leave. MrT's employer (gov agency) has just told him that he'll have to take it as unpaid leave because their payment system hasn't been set up with the right code yet. He informed his manager (and his manager's manager) before ERM was born that this was happening and they've done nothing about it. He contacted HR about it concerned that he hadn't seen the form I need to sign for him to get paid and they've said he'll not be paid and he'll have to sort it out when back in Jan - we NEED that money to survive. I'm going back to work cos I get paid more than him and we've depleted our savings with me being off for 6 months.

Shit any ideas know what we're meant to do?

No comments: