Sunday, 9 November 2008

Here we go...

OK, so I read a LOT of blogs and I comment and I rant so I figured it was time to start my own vent space.

About me:
I was a chemist (MChem, PhD).
I no longer work in a lab but I still work in chemistry and have an interest in the industry.
I am a scientist with controversial religious views (and that's the end of it I need nobody elses views on that part).
I am a Guide leader when I'm not away for work (so not regularly).
I have been married for a month and we just bought a house.
I like cooking/baking so might obsess about recipes.
I spent a lot of nights in hotels on my own for work - hence the obsessive blog reading (community is good).

Questions:
Did I make the biggest mistake of my life leaving the lab?
Can I ever go back?
Did I suck as a chemist anyway?
Where next?

What do I intend to blog about:
All of the above - I will attempt to not slander anyone.
I may whinge a lot until I find a new job.

Final note:
I started reading chemistry blogs via Chemistry World when I was a real chemist (big pharma) and a few others (mainly academic, scientific and political) caught my eye. Now it's my turn.

No comments: