Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Looks like I lost the cloak

Today people could see me! I was at less important university where people were:
Friendly
Interested
Polite if they weren't interested
Supportive
Chatty

(Basically) nice people. Apologies for the overuse of crappy phrases. I read the top 10 annoying phrases on BBC news last night and when I was giving a talk to year 1 students at 9am I think I used all of them. "Basically" was the worst offender and I just kept thinking stop using that damn word but it kept coming out. Distinct lack of sleep didn't help either. Broken gutter outside hotel room + muchos rain + frustrating day to stress about = less than 5 hours sleep so my brain wasn't quite functioning this morning. Still over half the class came to see me after the lecture so couldn't have been that bad.

Sent very ranty report on yesterdays visit to my boss (and his boss who I copy on all my uni reports so that i get some credit) so think my feelings about VIU are now well known. I guess I'll just see what's said when I get to the office tomorrow.

:)

No comments: