Yet another joyful London day today - tube included this time so I got up at silly o'clock to get the 06:30 train. Plan was to arrive at 07:39, tube to destination then leisurely breakfast. Oh no no no it was not to be - arrived at King's Cross at 08:40 then rushed on very very busy underground to destination (09:15). After many profuse apologies it turned out that contact hadn't even advertised my visit so I spent 2 hours being pointedly ignored by most people that went past. Finally he sent an email around. Overall a reasonable day then the long journey home (incl. caryying a very heavy box).
Called internet computer sales site (ordered exciting new console on Sunday - still problems) to discover that they no longer have said console in stock (it is on their site just at a new higher price). In the end I caved and we just went to massive supermarket and bought over the counter (only spent 10 quid more).
Now Mr O is busy setting it up then I've got tomorrow and Sat off work and he doesn't so I intend to play lots of games, write wedding thank you cards and generally be lazy!
Also had lots of students (UG&PG) making me feel like an inadequate failure today but I think that had more to do with them than me?!
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment