Well our dinner party worked well the other night apart from my blood donation taking longer than I expected leaving not enough time to cook the ham (also bad planning on m y part) so MrT had to dash out to local supermarket (our village shop is a massive one of the big4) to buy a leg of lamb. I cooked the ham anyway and it was done by 10pm! The lamb, spiced roast veg (carrots, parsnips and sweet potato) and chilli butternut squash worked well as did my tart au citron. We even used our linen napkins and napkin rings (wedding presents) for the first time.
Now I've got 4 days before I have to go back to work (I had 2 TOIL days to take and MrT's working Christmas eve) so much baking fun is to be had. MrT got me Nigella's Christmas book as any early present and JaneB has posted her gingerbread recipe so that should keep me going! I hope MrT's colleagues are hungry.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment