OK - No more hotel nights until 2009. Still that's a whole 2 weeks minimum with MrT and none of the uni's really want me til end of Jan/start of Feb so I've got about a month of no hotel food, no petrol station or service station sandwiches, no having to wait for hotel toasters with leery business men (seriously why do they think flirting is acceptable at 06:30?).
Only 4 more days of work (Thurs is staff Christmas lunch so that's almost a half day and Christmas eve we get kicked ou early so that's essentially a half day too) as I've got 22nd, 23rd off (TOIL) then back on the 24th to clear desk of the crap that other people leave on it when I'm away in peace and quiet. I also have to leave early on Friday for a dentist appointment.
We're doing our mini-pre Christmas dinner tonight (MrT, Me, Work friend and couple from village - *nix guy and politics gal). We only have a very small kitchen table (saved from the skip at the end of MrT's local Scout jumble) and 5 chairs (one of which is broken which I'm hoping MrT will fix today). I'm cooking a ham (this is my idea of domestic bliss so it's bound to go wrong but I'm sure we'll save it in the end). Also doing spiced butternut squash, sweet potato (I hate normal potato), parsnips and carrots followed by tarte au citron. We even have crackers! The cooking starts the afternoon after I've given blood at the end of work (4pm) and then cycled home (mostly off road cycle path so shouldn't die if I come off my bike due to lack of blood - may get MrT to come and meet me on his bike).
Now to decide how to pass another day when no academics will reply to my emails - I realise they're as busy at the rest of us at this time of year but I object when the promise to email by a certain day and still haven't 2 days later.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment