Friday, 12 December 2008

Is serving hungover people tea at lunchtime going to work?

It's our work party tonight (obviously I'm not there - I was away on visits when the tickets were available) and I've got one of our grad trainees (23) and her boyfriend (30) who just had a MAJOR falling out coming for lunch tomorrow (and to play ps3 games involving rubber ducks!). I have a horrible feeling they're going to get smashed tonight and still be rough at 12 tomorrow. MrT's working late shift (2-10) tomorrow so it's got to be an early lunch. Considering Boyf is only coming as he's in the doghouse (he was baaaaaaaaaad).

So what to serve grumpy, hungover people? I normally only do dinners so I'm not sure what lunch etiquette is (don't think Mrs B will help on this occasion).

As neither of them like vegetables I'm thinking:

Various (help yourself) salad type business (apparently salad is ok)
sesame ginger chicken skewers (they don't do spicy)
Maybe some sort of mildly spicy sweet potato wedges (homemade natch)
Raita (cos MrT and I make kick ass raita)
Might try making my own hummus
With a couple of tortilla pizzas in case the chicken's too spicy

I mean all that in a I'll make it and you can help yourself kind of meal not a proper everything on your plate meal.

Think a couple of bottles of wine might be on hand in case of argument!

Now I just need to think about pudding...something I've never made before me thinks.

Pudding update - I'm thinking chocolate mousse with orange syllabub? Might try a lemon torte for dinner party next week though (never made pastry before so might leave that one out tomorrow!).

No comments: