Today I also won an amazonian battle - although it wasn't much of a battle. I had ordered a book from the marketplace ~(second hand) and it was referred to as in - good condition. Well the book arrived today scratched, bent and with the bottom corner on the back cover almost entirely torn off. I left crappy feedback and then emailed the seller to say I wanted to return it and I didn't expect to pay for the postage (I'm much better at being demanding and stroppy online). I got a lovely email from the sellar explaining that his company list over 2000 books a day and this one shouldn't have been listed as it was in such bad condition. He happily refunded my payment and doesn't even want the book back as it's in such bad shape. OK so I can't give the book to my dad for Christmas but I still plan on using it myself - so yippee! The book in question is a guide to places to eat, refuel, other random stuff within a few miles of all the motorway junctions in the UK. Given the travelling nature of my job this will be really useful - I hate service stations and spend way too much time and money in them.
To do tonight:
- Find Dad another copy of the book
- Write a Christmas card list
No comments:
Post a Comment