OK surgeon might be taking it a bit far but I did pretty well yesterday with a big pair of loppers and a saw. The willow no longer looks like a monster and the other big bald (cos it's winter) tree is less straggly. The giant I don't know what it is but I don't like it (big green waxy leaves all year round, seems to spawn mini-versions wherever it's branches touch the ground) is now under my control. The grass is now covered in branches that need chopping up and possible drying to give to friends who live in a cottage with only a fire for heating. Before the bought this house it had been a rental for a very long time hence the state of the garden (grass cut but beds had never been dug). The trees were all overhanging other gardens and had obviously been occasionally chopped by neighbours (you can do that in England apparently). The trees are now all within our limits and I've only got one really big branch to get off - even I thought attacking a very big branch while MrT was in another country was a bit daft. I've managed to chop of all big green thing's babies and I'll try to dig their roots out soon. The loppers did well but I did need a saw for the branches over 3cm diameter and apart from a lot of scratches I survived.
I would have done more but I had a call asking if I wanted to join some friends for a walk down the river to the next village for lunch. We had a lovely 3mile mosey down the river in the sunchine followed by a yummy lunch (FYI sandwiches are VERY high on ww points). The walk back was a lot colder since it was getting darker but we survived. It was getting dark so I didn't attack the garden any more. I chopped off a few branches this morning instead of tidying up for MrT getting home. I did the dishes and I think that's effort enough!
I don't actually know when MrT's getting home but I'm going to toddle off to church (a place where I have many friends but none which I would refer to as "brother") and I'll just have to wait and see if he's home when I get back.
If he is home I might persaude him to have a wee garden centre trip this afternoon I want to plant some daffs - mum thinks it might not be too late.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment