My brother managed to make it down from Northern City to our place for the weekend. The roads were a bit hairy but he arrived so all is good. We spent a lovely evening with work people in the local pub for dinner and many many drinks - points out the window but I don't care!
Work was interesting - the office was closed at 4pm (I was scheduled to leave at 3 so made no difference to me). Boss man was a patronising idiot all afternoon - I actually thought he might pat me on the head at one point for being able to do my job when there was snow around.
My week consisted of being snowed on and then drenched in Ireland, freezing in a university with no students to talk to (all courses but one lab canceled - all first and final years live on campus!) and having a colleague who was there for another event (canceled) interfere when I was doing my job and scaring the students away with her fierceness.
Anyhew I'm ofski to play in the old city with my big bruv (this will involve a lot of walking, drinking coffee and whinging about the state of the chemical industry!).
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment