Monday, 16 February 2009

Survival

Well I made it to Perfect City (still seems pretty darned perfect to me). My folks place is ok - it actually seems bigger with tonnes of stuff in it. I had to go back through our old town on the train this evening to get to Scummy City which was a bit odd but since it was dark I just kept reading my book.

Today I had to give an hours talk to the first years in the lecture theatre that I used to have my first year lectures in - half way through I realised it had been 10 years! I really enjoyed getting to give a decent length talk and not just 5 min with a lecturer glaring at me if I'm 10s over. Maybe I should follow in the steps of Cicero and become an orator?

I'm staying in a really nice hotel in Scummy City tonight rather than my usual budget chains (it was just as cheap) and it's nice for a change to be somewhere fancy. OK my idea of fancy isn't that fancy but it does room service (yes I ate real food and it fits ww) and I there a free rubber ducky (we had hundreds at the wedding - it's a bit of a thing). It even has a bathroom that you might actually want to have a bath in - mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Only half a day tomorrow (Scummy City doesn't have a real dept so they can only let me stay til lunch) then obligatory Grannie and relative visiting followed by the rest of the week off with my folks.

2 comments:

DrL said...

have a good time in Perfect City!

Marmoset said...

Thanks DrL I will. Perfect City has all the Perfect Pubs, Perfect Friends and oh so Perfect Hills.