Sunday, 15 February 2009

A week at home?

I'm heading North today for work at a couple of Scottish Universities. I'm going to stay with my folks for tonight then in ScummyCity tomorrow night then back to my folks' place for the rest of the week (2.5 days annual leave!). It's going to be weird as they've now sold our house and they're living in the flat in PerfectCity that I lived in at University. MrT's coming up on Thursday as he's driving my big bro with all his stuff back to live with my parents in PerfectCity as his postdoc's over and there's no jobs (he's been hunting for about a year - always someone with more ind exp at the moment). By the end of the week there's going to be 5 of us in the flat in PerfectCity. It's going to be weird. I can't imagine my parents living there (I lived there for nearly 8 years).

Not very interesting aside - just thinking in typing really: {Also my folks don't know about my WW thingy which is going to be interesting - they want me to be thinner but they also want me to eat all the time. They don't know about all the food related problems I've had for the past 5 years so I guess this is just another thing to hide. I've realised that this ww thing works cos I get to control exactly what I eat. I know that it's not meant to be so strict but I just go back to my old ways if I don't stick to it exactly. Still I'm thinking of this as a postive as it means that if I stick to it then things are better.}

Anyway I still haven't written my presentation for tomorrow morning so I best get on with it before I head to the airport.

And do all the washing
And make some soup for lunch
And pack

2 comments:

JaneB said...

I often wish food was something you could just quit completely, like alcohol or cigarettes.

I hate that my parents worry about my weight. I hate that they see me as weak-willed (they often talk about how hard it is to have the will-power to stick to a diet). I hate that I can't just be invisible. I hate that I have a skinny sister! Life, eh?

Hope you have a good trip - is PerfectCity the Athenian-nicknamed one or the castle-and-cathedral-on-hill-with-river one? Both are wonderful places... have fun! Hope parent visit isn't too wierd

Marmoset said...

Athens all the way!

Yep food sucks but I'm back on track and getting the hang of it again.