Sunday, 17 May 2009

Craft, curry and eurovision

After my awesome run yesterday (when I say run I should point out that I rarely get over 6mph) I had promised to help make some magnets for a church event. Yes I know it sounds horribly twee and churchy and I wasn't really looking forward to it but it turned out to be a good laugh. We did colour washes on card then drank lots of coffee and ate cakes while they dried then MA printed a load of bible verses onto them. I was given the important job of cutting up with guillotine (harder than it sounds there were 14 very different sized verses). Someone else did some laminating then there was mass cutting out and sticking magnets on the back. I know it sounds silly but it was good fun. A load of guys from the church are away walking in the Peaks this weekend (boys only so I wasn't allowed to go) but MrT went (this ended up being quite stressful as he really loves walking and he gets on well with some of the guys that he's met but he's not really into church so he was a bit scared). Anyway that meant that there were a number of ladies looking for a bit of company and all these magnets (over 250) were needed for a big event next month so we all went round to J's to get it done. J has a small baby and H came with her 2 little ones so they mostly did tea and coffee making and chat. Overall it was a really nice afternoon and there were 4 of us left at the end (me, J, MA and older lady whose name I can't remember) and as none of us could be bothered sitting at home alone we decided on takeaway and a film. By the time we'd eaten (and attacked a couple of bottles of wine) it was quite late so we watched Eurovision instead of a film. I was quite mesmerised by the Norwegian guys eyebrows so I didn't really notice the song.

In short it ended up being a really nice and friendly day were I got to know some people quite well (and even though they're churchy people and mostly older than me they were really funny).

I slept quite late this morning but still got in a 5km run before church. Church was good - except the guy who normally plays is away walking so the music was a bit slow. I've just bought 360L of compost and I'm off to edge the lawn and make a raised bed for my plants.

1 more interesting discovery from yesterday (thanks to MA) the curry/pizza place in our village actually sells curry pizza - yes that's pizza with curry on top - and it's awesome!

No comments: