Saturday, 13 June 2009

Ooops :)

Big event in Northern City that I planned for work went really well yesterday (OK I actually hijacked an existing event). The social afterwards went really well. The student society who organised the cheese and wine for me were lovely but did insist on dragging me to the pub afterwards where I got well and truly smashed on pink wine. In my defence I'd had a piddling buffet lunch while an academic was being an arrogant arse at me and I'd had no dinner. Oh well it was actually really good fun and nice to be treated as one of them and not a strange outsider - the bonus of running postgrad events!

My parents and bro came over to Northern City to see me for the day as my only choices for flights back were crazy early or crazy late so I chose late - good thing considering I was feeling a wee bit delicate this morning.

I went for a run when I arrived there on Thursday night which went quite well until I tried to run up what I would call a bloody big hill and I got half way up the road before I nearly keeled over. I told some of the students yesterday and they thought I was nuts to even try running up that road so that made me feel a bit better.

Must do 10km tomorrow!

No comments: