Thursday, 20 August 2009

I'm trying to stay rational - honest!

Sorry this is just some crap that I have to write - I wouldn't bother reading it's not so interesting.
  1. We have only been married for 10 months
  2. We have only lived together for 17 months
  3. Our income covers our mortgage, food, bills and some savings
  4. MrT is not so good at saving - he likes toys
  5. The only extra money we get is MrT's share stuff - it's very much HIS and not for anything other than his toys
  6. We want to have a big holiday in Canada next summer
  7. From mid-Sept to mid-Dec I will be home 1.5 days a week IF I'm lucky - it's not looking so good
  8. Neither of us is going to get major pay rise any time soon
  9. MrT works shifts
  10. MrT does not cope well without sleep
  11. I like running
  12. I'm a mental and genetic f/up - passing on this screwball nature of mine would not be fair
  13. I'm 28 not decrepit
Reasons why having a baby now would be really really dumb.

The final non-pregnant/parent couple of friends here have just put scan pics on FB. There's a lot of babies around at the moment. Lots of friends from school/uni are having babies (apart from those who have teenagers since they had kids at 15).

I'm so broody that whenever I think about it I cry. MrT has noticed the broodiness (it's hard to miss) and he'd be totally up for it although he's always said the timing is my choice. The practicalities of life just make me think this is a really bad time. Also babies are scary - they're breakable!

3 comments:

Circe said...

There is never a 'good time' to have a kid. You muddle through and figure it out as best you can. Start planning for next year, after your holiday!

Marmoset said...

That's pretty much the plan - actually it's more based around Scout Jamboree dates than holidays but it makes sense in my head. Also I can spend a year practising with other people's kids. Definitely have to wait and see if this new job happens at Christmas.

JaneB said...

a) there is never a good time
b) at least you're with someone, so it's an option! Being mega broody and single is a good recipie for scaring blokes, let me tell you!