Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Good day and yet another baby

Another baby (Grace) has entered the world of our friends. She's gorgeous - no really she is and doesn't look freaky like many newborns. Following her mum having a miscarriage last year she is even more of a blessing and she will no doubt be adored by all.

On my own life as opposed to others that I like to coo over:

Had a great visit today to a university - apart from mega blister which was made worse by running this morning then standing all morning resulting in a throbbing foot and much hopping. Had a pretty good visit to a local company yesterday - apart from massive coughing fit during my presentation. I had one of the new graduate trainees with me yesterday who really needs to think about his words. At the end of my talk and answering questions he piped up asking the audience "which part of that presentation was most relevant to you?". Bearing in mind that I talk to umpteen different companies/audiences/backgrounds during the year and I'm never privy to the make up of the audience before I arrive he had the cheek to suggest that I could spend more time preparing for each visit to tailor the talk. FYI he's a nice lad but just 1 year out of PhD and worked for a year as an IT/business consultant in London and has the whole overconfidant London slick thing going on. Still given that he seems to struggle to engage non-posh students and he's obviously got no idea about how things work in industry we'll see how he does left on his own. He also said that it was too long - I had been asked to talk for 1 hour so I did - he still has the whole student "anything over 15min is boooooooooooooooooring" thing.

Anyway there are babies and life is good :)

No comments: