This is going to be a long week. NM (new monkey = my replacement) is with me for the whole week to learn the ropes. She's nice but not sure she's going to cope with the friendly/chatty nature of the job. Still we'll see how she goes tomorrow - I think she'll be fine once she knows all the chat. It's just a bit knackering explaining what and why I do stuff all day, doing it, explaining more in the car and over dinner and in the evening and then coming to my room to write reports and sort out emails until now - nearly midnight.
I'm terrified of my new job now - met grumpy old man who was shitty cos the person I'm taking over from is not leaving happily and she has loads of friends/personal contacts/following in the folks in that area and they're going to take it all out on me. Joy! Still it'll be new challenges and away from Evil Boss.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment