Saturday, 23 January 2010

Home

WARNING - Whinge commencing...now!

I'd like to go home now - to my life.

Being at home with MrT is awesome and I love it. Being in the office with the empty bubbleheads is crap. The dumbass questions are really getting to me. Don't even get me started on the trend of asking a question not because they want the answer or opinion they just want to be told they're right.

I've been in a right grump for the past few days (MrT calculates 3) because I'm not coping with working in an office. I know that in the long run I have the chance of a really good career here and once the person who previously did my job (OG = Old Guard) leaves in April it'll be easer. OG is lovely but very unhappy with her situation so it's hard to get info out of her. There are several good initiatives that I could go with but can't until she's gone. They also moved this new role (mine) to a different team/dept but didn't move the budget so I have no budget - think I'm supposed to create success from thin air. I could really make this thing work if I was given the chance but I'm stuck in a team who are all stuck in the past. Until OG leaves I have to sit in meetings with members who go on and on and on about how great she is and how nobody will ever be able to replace her and the person who does willnever be good enough - all while I'm sitting in the meeting and they know that it's me that they're talking about and I just have to sit and smile. AAAAAAAaaaaarrrrrgh...frustration!

Result - sitting at home in my pj's watching glee, crying, eating pizza and getting sick. Now all I can think about is my old life where I did chemistry and had friends and a great guide unit and lived in the best city ever. Now we live in the flatest, most boring and most expensive place I spend my days answering really dumb emails and I can't even use the one route out for a while which I would love to do because my "charitable" organisation only does SMP which is not enough to cover anything around here.

No comments: