Today I celebrated the grooviness of God by annihilating some trees. Not in a kill them dead kinda way but in a cutting back to allow the smaller plants more sunshine to grow and flourish. Tomorrow we're borrowing a wood chipper to get rid of the forest of branches on our grass (seriously it fills the whole garden). Then I'm seed planting to get the growing season going. Unfortunately my fork lost a prong during an encounter with a root so I'll be going to the garden centre where I bought it last year to query if this is normal. The ground was so much easier to dig this year thanks to last year's veggies (exp. the potato patches). This year we're having - onions and garlic (already in over the winter and doing well), courgettes (not really a surprise), carrots (a new experiment so we shall see), butternut squash sharing a bed with sweetcorn (another newbie), tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, potatoes and herbs. MrT's chillies are doing well too.
No comments:
Post a Comment