In my team at work there is Me, BossLady, New Boy and SillyGirl. NewBoy is new - funny that. BossLady has been in the organisation for the same time as me (2 years) and is my age - she was clever enough not to do a PhD so is 3/4 years ahead of me in the payscale/seniority etc. We get on really well and she doesn't treat me like a dopey underling and I don't do the arrogant "I've got a PhD you know thing which many of my colleagues do". SillyGirl has been in the organisation for over 5 years now and thinks she knows it all. She's very much under the impression that my qualifications are useless (Scottish education system being shite in her opinion) and that she needs to tell me what to do. She's a couple of years younger than me but treats me as her junior as she used to do my old job too. I totally kicked her ass at that job so I don't mind that but now we have the same job title. I find her silly and inefficient. She does a lot of extra hours but I get the impression that's down to her lack of time management and spending a lot of time gossiping. SillyGirl and BossLady have essentially worked alone for the last 2 years and still behave as their own little team within our team but BossLady has respect for me and what I do so I'm fine with that. SillyGirl gets visibly jealous when BossLady asks for my input and she doesn't like that she doesn't understand what I do. Although BossLady thinks SillyGirl is great I know (from secret sources) that senior staff find SillyGirl very silly and quite crap at her job - basically she'll never go anywhere within the organisation. She's also not happy that I keep being invited to meetings and being involved in projects and discussions with senior staff who don't give her the time of day.
Today our boss is off sick so SillyGirl felt the need to email me and NewBoy (CC: BossLady of course) to remind us to write our monthly report. This makes me want to smack her in the face with a frying pan. I am writing this here so that I won't feel the need to say anything to her.
This all pissed me off a lot until I read PropterDoc's comment on my last post and the news of her garden made me joyous! :)
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment