Any advice on shoes that aren't really shoes that I can get away with for work in the summer?
I know that didn't really make sense. The problem is that I don't really like wearing shoes. I also hate normal tights. Thick black cosy winter tights are find but the normal skin coloured ones I just rip and tear all the time and I can't be bothered with them. Yesterday I was in the OTHER University City for a meeting and I was very early so went for a wander. I was wearing my more summery black heels which I can normally survive walking and wearing for extended periods of time. MY mistake was no tights (or similar). I now have no skin on a couple of my toes. I do have some flat black plimsolls (not like school gym shoes but I can't think of a better word) but they're a bit manky now for work (although I will wear them today cos my feet hurt).
I had a wee look at Birkenstocks and similar. I work in a pretty business-like office so I need to find something that is minimal shoe, won't give me blisters and are designed to be worn without tights. Being able to cycle in them would be a bonus but isn't necessary. I would probably wear them to walk long distances as well so they'd have to be comfy.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
1 comment:
I found some great hush-puppy shoes - they are flat but with enough shaping in the insole to give a little support and make walking on pavements comfortable (unlike those ballet flats), made in soft leather, and they're a 'mary jane' type design with a velcro-fastened strap over the instep so they stay on when you walk briskly or your feet get cool... and they're smart enough to look like formal court shoe type shoes. As for the tight's question - I wear footsies when i have to wear smarter shoes in summer, wierd trainer-socks-made-of-tight-material you can get from M&S or Boots, which help. And I stick little pieces of 'moleskin' (suede-like anti-blister stuff you can get from Boots) onto any pressure points in the shoe, once they're a little worn in, which gives an extra hour or so per wear before the ouchies start! Good luck...
my word verification is 'gloon' - which sounds like how I feel about going shoe shopping!
Post a Comment