Sunday, 22 August 2010

Potatoes!

I have been howking tatties as they say and I'm now a very happy monkey - covered it mud (yes really from head - including hair - to toe). How does it get up your nose and inside socks and pockets?

At least today was productive after a broken nights sleep
  1. At 2am there was an almighty crash (MrT thought the ceiling was coming down) as the shelf at his side of the bed - complete with huge pots of change, books and lego - fell off the wall bounced off his chest of drawers, narrowly missed his head and hit the floor. I woke up screaming thinking it had hit him and he was more concerned that it hadn't landed on his netbook. We then spent a while moving stuff off the shelf at my side in case it went too.
  2. At 4am there was a huge thunder and lightening storm - lit up the whole bedroom - which woke me up again although MrT was still awake from his near miss being brained by a shelf.
We did make up for it by having pancakes (proper ones not any of this southern crap), bacon and maple syrup brought home from Canada - must post pics of bears.

It's been a productive weekend after I made my first ever swiss roll - photos and recipe later - and we made a huge batch of plum chutney as well.

2 comments:

Circe said...

Yay! We've had potatoes - we used those potato bags though so they are easy to harvest. Have so far made about 6 litres of courgette/marrow chutney - damn courgettes, grow too fast to eat!

Marmoset said...

I think we'll be doing the same as last year and chopping and freezing courgettes and potatoes.