As with most of the UK it is now icy in the mornings. We've not had much snow but it's still quite slippy. I had promised that I would not cycle on the ice so my bike is now quarantined in the garage until the better weather comes by which point I suspect I will be too big to cycle). Although this is all for the safety of Ziggy which obviously is the most important I can't help but miss my bike. It takes me 3 times as long to walk to work as it did to cycle and it gives me much more time to think. Cycling, particularly in the mornings, is more about not being injured/killed by cars, vans, buses, other cyclists with no bloody lights and pedestrians. There is no time for stressing. Walking is simple - I've been practising for a while - so there is plenty of time to stress. I was nearly in tears by the time I got to work yesterday as I didn't want to go in. I know as soon as I open my email their will be at least one email complaining or insulting me from a member and it's not a nice way to start the day.
On a positive note I have ordered a fitness in pregnancy dvd because no cycling and limited running and MrT plying me with sweets (with which I have no self-control) I'm in real danger of becoming a blob. I also know that I'd be a hell of a lot less stressed if I were exercising more - there's a very good reason I always try to go for a run after committee meetings!
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment