On Friday and Saturday we had our big event of the year which includes a fancy dinner and awards ceremony and then on the Sat am my BIG meeting. I was very very scared as a few bits had not gone to plan in the organisation (not my fault but I got the flak and did loads of extra work to try to get it all going) and also the last one we went to lots of folks were angry with me because other staff were leaving. This is also the BIG meeting where the folks I work with always complain about the same things every year.
So...apart from a little toad trying to hijack my meeting to make his own point for which he earned himself a very public verbal smack down (seriously never mess with a pregnant, tired, headachey monkey) it all went really well. None of the questions which are asked every year came up - there was a bit of bitching but it was all very passive aggressive so I let them get on with it. Given that everyone on staff was expecting carnage I had half the Senior Management Team there (including the MD who didn't have to step in at all cos I kept getting there first) and a few members of our governing Council. I'm all smug now as they were all super-impressed.
All in all a good event. It did result in a 3 day headache of head splitting proportions but I discovered last night that all I needed was food for that to go away. I was hoping the excessive food munching part of pregnancy was over but it seems not. Keep a look out for a monkey of whale proportions - it seems it's going to happen.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment