Saturday, 5 March 2011

Last whinge for a while

I'm going to try to blog a positive thing every day again for lent this year.

Until then however I'm pissed off - I've just done the first grass cut of the year which is always a bit of an arse however as my parents bought us a fancy electric flymo thingy when they found out about Ziggy (to make my life easier) I thought it might be a bit easier especially as I'm now 31 weeks pregnant. MrT is marvellous but does bugger all in the garden (and if it's stuff he doesn't want to do on other days off when I'm not around - although it is funny watching him bustle around when I get home from work pretending that he's been busy all day). Anyway I've just fucked my back lugging the damn thing around for over an hour. It's taken me 3 times as long to do the grass as it did with my old push along mower. MrT has cut the grass I think once in the 3 years we've been here because I wouldn't agree to getting an expensive mower (he wants a petrol mower - over £100 - for our tiny garden) so he was happy when my parents said they wanted to buy us a better mower (although I think he was pissed that they didn't buy something hideously expensive like his Mum has for her postage stamp of a garden - and doesn't use).

Anyway the garden looks like it's been attacked by the Gruffalo and my back hurts so I'm whinging. I also need to get digging as I'm getting bigger and I'm not sure how many more weeks I can go without having to give up on gardening and there's no way in hell MrT is going to do it. I also have to do the things I asked him to do on his several days off this week which he couldn't do as he was too busy doing his coursework (which I then had to spend 2 hours correcting) and pissing around online.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr - yes I'm an angry pregnant monster at the moment but I figure it's better to put it here than say it to him.

Also some bloody critter has got into the shed and gnawed open the bag of bird feed (again from my parents) which contains ground peanuts (yes I have a severe peanut allergy) and it's all over the shed.

Finally the bloody squirrel which had got into our loft (because MrT - and he admits this - didn't close up the broken vents last summer like I asked him to) is trying to get back in so MrT's answer is to want to pay over £100 for an air rifle where my answer is to squirt the little bugger with the hose until it gives up. FYI we are NOT getting an air rifle and he IS going to have to learn to budget while I'm not being paid for 6 months.

Happy News - Ziggy is kicking away happily and that calms me down a bit :)

I'm not really a miserable bitch I just need to whinge (don't even get me started on my selfish and unreasonable mother in law).

1 comment:

JaneB said...

Whinging is sometimes very necessary! I am so glad I don't have grass in my tiny garden... which reminds me, the honeysuckle and the hop need pruning asap before things get going!