Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel...or a train?

Well we went to the breastfeeding clinic today and they agreed that I'm doing it right, she's doing it right but it's just not working. It was all a bit fraught and emotional - seriously the guilt associated with this stuff makes a PhD look like child's play! Anyway she did suggest trying nipple shields as the main reason for avoiding them is that they're too much like bottle teats but as we're already using those it won't matter.

Sooooo...several shops later we got some and we've given it a go. It might just be working It's hard to tell as she tends to cluster feed at this time of day anyway from a bottle so I'm not sure she's getting enough but she's definitely getting something out of the original packaging so we'll see how it goes tonight when she does a full feed.

I know that breastfeeding will have it's own share of problems and frustrations but at least there's support available for that!

Now we just have to see how it goes over the next few days...

No comments: