Well she's still feeding ok but now I have mastitis - believe me it hurts like hell! I got some antibiotics this morning so it should be better within the week but never has a week seemed so long.
Unfortunately old problems are coming back to haunt me and I have spent the first 14 days of my beautiful girl's life crying. MrT isn't coping too well as he's never lived with me when I'm like this and I think it must be horrible for him to see me so overwhelmed by everything. It's kinda like the good old PhD imposter syndrome has come back with a vengance and of all the good mummies she could have got she got stuck with me!
At the moment I dread feeding her because it's going to hurt so much - think razor blades clamped round a nipple and twisting! The main problems with breastfeeding are that you can never really know when she's going to want feeding and for how long and that what I eat may affect her so we're trying to work out if there's anything I'm eating which is affecting her sleep. We've got an appointment in town in 50min to register her and I'm terrified that she's going to decide she wants food as soon as we pick her up to put her in the car. Best case scenario is that we can get in and out to do the registration and then I can feed her in the car sitting in the car park at the council offices.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment