Just before Christmas I found out my nice boss had a new job within our organisation. This did not bode well as my maternity cover has stayed in our team and really thinks she should be in charge and doesn't have any boundaries regarding projects etc. Basically work is not good.
So yesterday I had an interview for my boss' job which was interesting. The interview was with the Director and Managing Director so pretty hardcore. I thought it went rather well but only because I really don't want the job. I applied to make sure that there was at least someone more experienced in the mix if my maternity cover applied. I spent the interview going through what I think should be changed in our department and what currently isn't working. I was working on the theory that nobody ever tells these people the truth about the problems and they're never going to give me the job (they all think I'm a bit odd - they're probably right!) so I should use the interview as an opportunity to get them to listen. I think it worked. They seemed quite shocked by some of the things I had to say. I was polite and diplomatic but I talked about the reasons we have problems within the team and the things I would change as manager.
We should find out tomorrow who gets it - they interviewed 4 people (me, my friend and 2 unknowns - definitely NOT maternity cover).
Both MrT and I have been looking for jobs up in the mother country but can't find anything that's felt right. Today my friend emailed me a job working for the local Diocese doing something not too dissimilar to my current job. The money's about the same as I'm currently on and apart from a 20min drive each way it's a pretty good deal. I'm seriously considering applying for it so watch this space.
In other news ERM is getting bigger and now has 5 teeth with number 6 on the horizon. She started pulling herself up on the furniture just before Christmas and now she's cruising around the furniture confidently and even starting to try standing without holding on now. I don't really want my boss' job but if it means I can support MrT and ERM better then I'll do it - I'll still be job hunting while I do it!
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment