Monday, 24 November 2008

London, books and home

Another London day but this one was a late start (07:30 train - when did this become late?) and home on the 14:45. An ok day although only got 1 hour with students (it's a weird place).

In my massive and pointless break between getting to speak to students and seeing them again I managed to make *bucks green tea last nearly 90min then I happened to fall into a bookshop on the way home and was seduced by their 3 for 2 offer. I do read a lot in my mindnumbing job so I guess it's kinda like work.

Back to the office tomorrow until just after lunch when I get to take on the mighty A1 for what seems like the hundredth time this year to aim North for 2 more visits this week.

Highlight of the day: explaining once again to a chemist why I no longer work in a lab (I'm getting good at it). It sounds so rational a reasonable when I say it to other people but it still sounds like a cop out in my head.

I also think I need Christmas to come asap so I can get a few days off - I slept on the train both on the way to London and the way home yesterday (after spending most of yesterday afternoon napping after church)

3 comments:

JaneB said...

Trains are great places for naps, I find - you don't feel as guilty because you are still achieving something (travelling) even whilst sleeping.

3 for 2 offers are very alluring. The Great North Road isn't - good luck with it!

Circe said...

I'm always afraid to fall asleep on the train in case I pass my stop or something...paranoia!

Saw this and thought of you: http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/11/marmoset-thered.html

Marmoset said...

KH: I love the Marmosets!

JaneB: The A1 was ok it was the M63 today which was being a pain.