Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Apologies for the lack of professionalism

Well I just wrote a long post apolgising for my lack of professionalism in my last couple of posts but as I'm on a train the wifi disappeared along with my post.

All I was trying to say was that I now realise that this is not an appropriate space to vent about work due to the very public and transparent nature of my job. My issues with the senior management are personal and nothing to do with our members. I try to maintain a professional front when dealing with members (my version of professional = polite, friendly, truthful and not acting like a dodgy second hand car salesman).

Some things I feel I can rant about: my boss keeps calling me on my personal mobile when I'm on days off to talk about work. Yesterday one of our admin staff gave my personal phone number ( I do have a work mobile) to a member who called me when I was ill, at parents house, on day off - nobody seems to see a problem with giving my personal details to members. I think I may have to chang emy phone number - is that too drastic?

Right now I'm on a train from the deep south to Glasgow and I'm still feeling really rough (Been ill since Friday night, not eaten properly since Sat) and the train's way too hot.

Think it might be time for a nap.

No comments: