Right enough whinging - for now.
2009
MrT has decided to follow the same method of watching weight as his mother so he's bought the stuff off internet auction site. He works shifts so can't do the meeting thing.
- It's a good thing as he's eaten a lot of crappy food from burger/bacon butty vans the last couple of months. He works shifts and spends a lot of time outside on the motorways in the winter so I get that he needs warm food.
- He's going to follow it. Me not so much. Counting points etc is just as bad a counting kcals and from past experience that goes badly with me especially if I have lots of time on my own in hotel rooms to think about it.
- This means buying bathroom scales. This is a problem - for me.
- I do need to lose weight - writing my thesis was a BAD year and I'm still carrying that with me. The problem is that although I want to lose the weight I want to not get ill again and I'm not sure that I can do both when I'm working away from home on my own so much.
- I do like to exercise but I have crappy asthma (worse in the winter) and it's hard when you're in hotels all the time. I do have a pilates dvd that I do probably half my nights away which is good but that's not the same as cross-training (in our garage) or running (when my knee allows).
- So I'm going to try food tracking to start with and see how I get on. It's easy you just write down absolutely everything that you eat each day for a week. It really makes you think about what you eat, when and why. I'm also going to start weighing out food (pasta, rice etc.)
- OK it might be too late for this.
- Lab work is out and there's not uni's in this area offering teaching fellowships.
- Probably not nearly clever enough to do teaching fellowship.
- Not sure I want to throw my hat into the academic ring (parents = academics so I grew up with all the crap).
- Perhaps start with getting the old textbooks out and seeing if it all still fits in my head.
- Possibly admit that I made my choice (when not in the best/stable frame of mind) and now I have to live with it.
- MrT would be happy for me to produce many babies now - he's very broody when he's been around his niece and nephew a lot.
- We only got married in October.
- We only started living together in March.
- We only bought a house in June.
- Having had my parents visiting we realised that we have a very small house.
- He's not so great with finances - too used to buying everything he wants regardless of the cost.
- Aaaaaaaaaaargh I'm getting broody but I know it's a daft idea, can't afford it, not ready, not enough room...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
No comments:
Post a Comment