Friday, 9 January 2009

Getting there - shame about the dinosaurs

Well I'm fighting obesity even if my organisation isnot. MrT and I just went out for a lovely pub dinner as he's off to the Alps tomorrow. His twin bro is working for a ski company as a "social skier" for a season and MrT and a mate (JD - not his initials he just drink a crazy amount of JD!) are off for a weeks play. On the point issue I've made up for my lack of points all week in one meal! Still it was lovely and I did cycle over 10k today.

I had the afternoon off and I popped into town on my darling bike in the freezing (yes it really was) cold to meet a friend. She was a summer Erasmus student in my best mate's lab one year and the 3 of us got on really well. My best friends a bloke and I'm incredibly (luckily I like his GF) protective of him and once I'd established she wasn't trying to sleep with him we got on fine. She's a PhD in her native country now (Germany) doing all sorts of bio/materialsy stuff and she's really happy. We came to the conclusion today that although org syth PhD's are really passionate/obsessed about their work 9/10 are bloody miserable. The stress/competion/back stabbing is a lot to deal with for 3 years and she just wasn't willing. Anyway she seems happy so that's fine by me. I like it when other people are happy. I did a wee bit of shopping (had a JL voucher to get rid of). I ummed and aahed about getting a proper tin for putting my baking in (half price £7.25) which I figured was ok. Finally picked it up to take to the till to discover it had 2 smaller tins inside. A Russian doll of the tin world if you like. I'm quite tragically excited about having proper tins - makes me feel like a "grown up".

No comments: