Sunday, 11 January 2009

Home Alone

MrT's off in France visiting his brother for a week so I'm all on my own. Since I've had 2 days of excessive cycling I decided that the cross-trainer could have a rest for the day. My thighs feel like they might explode at the moment so a bit of a rest from exercise for the day.

We have french doors in our kitchen and a couple of other doors that are a bit breezy. The double doors are ok as they're the only double glazing we have but we still wanted to put curtains over them. We finally got the curtains, poles etc. at the end of last year so i decided to put them up today. There's a bit of a logistical problem on the 2 single doors but I had my first real foray into the world of masonry bits and rawl plugs and put them up. They've not fallen down yet which I guess it's a good sign. Not sure MrT will be thrilled - he gets annoyed when I do things that he said he would do. I work on the theory that if he's not done it after 2 months then I'm entitled to just get on with it. I also took the Christmas tree outside - it's in a pot and the weather's warmed up a bit so hopefully it won't die.

I think for the rest of the week I migth finish building the tv cabinet (originally built in June but still no back). I might also sort out the spare rooms and put away all his clothes then at least it'll be tidy for a few days.

I'm being more organised with the points malarky this week - planning meals means I know how many points I have spare for snackage during the day. It's all a bit confusing but I'm getting there.

Aims for this week:

Contact more academics
Book accomodation and travel
Finish tv cabinet
Mop kitchen floor
Make peg bag
Gut spare room cupboard
At least 3xcross train and 2xpilates
Tidy dvds and books

No comments: