I survived the panto last night and I didn't have to bike. I saw one of the other leaders as I was leaving work and she gave me a lift. The kids enjoyed it and I think I would have found more of it funny if I wasn't in agony. Sitting for that long was not good hence my doc visit this morning.
My back's been really painful since Christmas - don't know why. It's fine when I'm biking, cross training and walking but when I'm sitting/lying it hurts. I finally gave in (having tried painkillers and heat). Doc agreed that it was muscular but as I can't take any anti-inflammatory drugs she gave me some kick-ass strong painkillers. I took the first lot at work (before having had any breakfast) and was flying high all morning. Gotta love those opiates. Even after having brekkie I decided that I was too spacey to answer any phone calls in case it was a member. I then got really sleepy so I drank a load of coffee then got even more buzzy. Lunch and a walk seemed to sort it all out but then my back started hurting again so I guess they wore off. Still it's not so bad now so maybe they're still working.
I did manage to make a bit of a prat of myself cycling to the doc's by spinning off my bike in the middle of the road by hitting a sheet of ice as I turned into the carpark at the surgery. I don't think anyone saw me and luckily there were no cars.
Right I'm off to the pub now. As MrT's away and a work/church friend's fiance is away for work this week I thought a wee pub outing was appropriate. There's another work/church/guiding friend who lives round the corner who lives on her own so she's coming with us. Might stick to lime/soda but it's better than sitting at home on my own.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
2 comments:
Have you tried going to a chiropracter, if it's a muscular problem? I have found it a major help with my back issues (a mix of an old injury, response to foot problems and too much sitting around at work means that my lower back is distractingly painful at times when I sit or lie) - and they prescribed exercises so I got some 'physio' on top of the treatment at the surgery.
It's been suggested by a lot of people and I know my parents swear by their local chiropractor. There is one minor problem - I can't stand people touching me. It seems to be getting better but I might just have to bite the bullet and go to the local chiropractor if it doesn't get better before my visits start.
Post a Comment