Sunday, 22 March 2009

Biccie Appreciation

Well after I made a mountain of biccies yesterday thinking that there would be plenty left over for after church today they almost all got eaten last night. The event was great. I didn't know what funk music was when I went but I do now and it's awesome. Everyone loved my baking although I found out today that one guy had one cos they looked so yummy even though he'd given up biscuits for Lent - oops! Although apparently today is also mid-Lent Sunday so you can eat the thing you gave up for Lent today so we figured that it was probably ok. Because it's Mothering Sunday today the children got posies of flowers for their mums at church but they also gave them out to all the women in church which was nice. I also got some of the flowers left over from last night's table decorations as a thank you for the baking so I came home with some lovely flowers.

Today is gloriously sunny so I'm going to do a bit more gardening and perhaps convince MrT that he wants to go for a bit of kayak play on the river. I've never paddled my new (2nd hand) boat before but I finally got a bouyancy aid this week so it's time to go and see how tippy it really is.

I'm off for my last week of work travel tomorrow. I'm getting the train up to Perfect City during the day and staying with my folks. I was meant to be doing a 2 day event in Western City but it's been altered to one day on Weds so I'll be "working from home" on Tuesday and doing a local work event in the evening. I'm in Western City on Wednesday then staying near wee airport. Flying to Dublin on Thursday morning to do a day and evening event there. Flying home on Friday morning to celebrate end of visits for this academic year. I might try to pop into the University in Perfect City on Tuesday so that I can see Old Boss. Old Boss has cancer and is getting treatment which may prolong his life but will def not get rid of the cancer. It would suck less if his kids were older but they're still pretty young. I'm kinda scared of going to see him because he's usually very matter of fact about stuff and I don't want to get emotional. Still I guess I'll pop by to say hi and see how he's doing.

Right now to enjoy the sunshine...

No comments: