Saturday, 21 March 2009

I'm home so I'm baking!

I'm away for the next week and then that's all my uni visits for this academic year done! I have said that I'll do some baking to celebrate for the office but there's a funk music night at church tonight so I said I'd do some biccies for that to try out some new recipes. I got a new book a few weeks ago which I haven't had a chance to use yet:

I made these which sound weird but taste sooooo good (they have cream cheese, lemon and jam):


I tried to make Viennesse fingers but they went horribly wrong. My piping stuff didn't have a big enough nozzle and I think it's a bit broken so I made some tiddly wormy ones and some circly ones. I went with choccy covering to make them look better (except I gave up choc for lent so I couldn't even lick my fingers at the end!):


To bulk up the numbers I made some ginger nuts and they ended up being my favourites. They're super yummy, easy to make and make loads:

MrT came home from work so we went for a wee walk in the sunny country park and now he's having a nap (he gets up at 05:20 when he's on earlys) before tonight's fun. I'm watching the Calcutta Cup match and it ain't going well for my boys. MrT's going to be smug and that never ends well!

No comments: