Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Booooored

Yes I'm the sad person sitting in a restaurant (having eaten the healthy option so I can have 2 glasses of wine) on my laptop trying to not look like a loser. The food place next to the hotel (hotel - mauve in colour advertised by comedian from Dudley = my favourite chain as they're reliable) has free wifi but you have to pay in the hotel so I'm stringing this meal out for as long as possible.

I only have 4 more visits to go this academic year (the crowd roars - only in my head) so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do have to do one corporate event next week but I'm staying with my folks in Perfect City so I might drag one of my colleagues to the Best Pub EVER afterwards for a pint of proper beer. It's a proper grown up (i.e. no students) event so rather than dragging my suit up there on the train and then having to take it to Dublin for the rest of the week I've actually asked to borrow one from my Mum. Does that mean that I'm getting old that I consider borrowing my Mum's clothes? We're about the same size although I'm a bit smaller now but she does have some nice suits. I have one proper (_&_ UK shop where grown ups buy clothes and everyone else buys good pants) and my others I got free off Freecycle. Mum has some nice ones from _&_ so I'm going to borrow one for the evening (NB: must not spill beer on my Mum's clothes!).

Anyhew I'm in the restaurant that's slowly getting busier and I'm sitting alone with a glass of wine and a laptop. At least this time they've stuck me next to a group of guys and not an amorous couple which is always annoying.

I don't even have to be up too early tomorrow and the uni I'm going to has the best academic ever. Seriously this man's hair has to be seen to be believed (he reminds me of Aslan the lion from Narnia). Also he's really nice and helpful and enthusiastic and generally lovely.

I'm off to The End of The Earth (TEoTE) tomorrow evening to visit their uni which was a right pain last year but I'm being mean and strict this year so it might be ok. Also the shop I want to buy a bouyancy aid from is in that city so we might get out on the river to test my new boat at the weekend. It's a 5 hour drive home from TEoTE so I'm stopping off at Mother in Law's for the night so I can drive home on Friday which should be quite nice.

No comments: