Saturday, 14 March 2009

Happy list

20 Things that make me happy (I know I use this as a whinging space and I want to prove I'm not the miserable sod I appear):

  1. MrT
  2. I get to do a job I'm good at
  3. I get paid pretty well to do it
  4. I know that there are other people in my organisation who want me to work for them and not for my dumbass boss
  5. I know my big boss actually knows I'm good at my job and he doesn't pay attention to dumbass boss
  6. My dad is getting better all the time
  7. I'm getting better all the time
  8. I'm back in my size 12 dresses in a healthy way
  9. We're getting double glazing at the end of June (all booked and measurements taken today)
  10. We have made some awesome friends down here
  11. MrT understands that I don't want to live here forever
  12. MrT is happy to move back North with me to PerfectCity if the right jobs come up
  13. I'm getting fitter all the time
  14. Old Boss (whom I adore/idolise even if he drove me nuts during my PhD) is getting treatment which may give him more years with his kids (they're still quite young)
  15. MrT is happily accepting that when he married me he also adopted all my monkeys, bears and ducks and that they will always be around
  16. My bike (yes it makes me happy) & panniers (they also make me happy)
  17. I now have a nice kitchen table (from Scout jumble sale) for baking on
  18. I'm going to buy a bouyancy aid next week so we can get out on the river in our kayaks
  19. My gorgeous niece remembers my name now (well kinda - she pronounces it like a deep fried cake product)
  20. Tomatoes, pickled onions and gherkins make me happy too

No comments: