Wednesday, 25 March 2009

I took the pieces of silver...now what?

I really did sell my soul when I started working for my current boss. I think this is the first time he's actually made me cry (I'm in a hotel so he doesn't know so that's not so bad). I just read the agenda for the quarterly meeting for our team and I'm not sure I can blag my way through it. I really do think what he's suggesting we do is wrong. I know he's not a scientist and therefore has no realy reason to care about the ideals behind the organisation but he really doesn't give a shit. This man is entirely out for himself and he doesn't care if he fucks to organisation's credibility in the long run. I genuinely don't know what to do. He just gets really insulting and agressive with anyone who disagrees with him but if I just go along with it then I'm not sure I can continue to be claiming to be working with the best interests of the scientific community at heart. I know this is all very cryptic and annoying but I just need to write as this has puched things a step backwards in my health stuff and I need to get it out.

Still happy thoughts this is my second last hotel night for a while. OK it's 11pm and I'm blogging and crying even though I have to get up at 04:30 and be out of the hotel by 5am tomorrow and wil be working til about 10pm tomorrow night in Ireland but I'm sure I'll survive.

I'm happy to be home more as of the weekend but the thought of being in the office with that man sitting opposite me is not helping my mood one teeny tiny bit.

Anyone got any job ideas?

1 comment:

Circe said...

That sounds very difficult. I'm sorry you have to put up with this. Nothing worse than sitting miserable in a hotel room. I hope Ireland is going OK today.

Take care of yourself as much as you can!