Monkey life is back on track. Back on the road and back in hotels.
Today I truly feel that my job can (at times) be down right humiliating. Perhaps it's just going back to my paranoid insecurities but I defy anyone to spend 2 hours in a crowded university foyer surrounded by braying students and not feel a bit paranoid. Today's visit wasn't to a traditional place so not one single UG student was even slightly interested in what I had to say they just wanted the free pens. I guess it was good that they asked for the pens rather than the typical swiping (>95% students from a cultural background which encourages respect for staff) apart from a reasonable number of what appeared to be hysterical girls. A few screamed at me but the overall noise level in the area was so high that they seemed to think that was normal.
All in all a complete waste of time but now I'm in City Suburb B&B eating supermarket salads and watching tv. No Pilates for me tonight since I had to get up at 05:20 this morning to get to the visit on time.
Still I get to go somewhere new tomorrow which should be interesting but I know the academic there from another place so it'll be nice to see a friendly face.
My boss sent me an email about an event in October today - would it be wrong to say that I'd rather work in Tesco than still be working for him by then? BTW given that we have a mortgage the answer is yes so please ignore me I'm just whinging. I was pretty much promised a new job within our organisation but that doesn't seem to be appearing - apparently it doesn't make business sense since I'm so good at my job.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
2 comments:
Good to have you back!
Is there any way in which you could become not-so-good at the job you do now, so that they move you to another position? ;-)
I have seriously considered trying to be crap at my job but I don't think I can it's just not me.
Post a Comment